With Gratitude for the friends and supporters of Guidestone!
In 2015, our community of businesses, foundations, agencies, organizations, schools, families and individuals gave their time, energy and resources to support Guidestone Colorado in growing the next generation of farmers and ranchers for a vibrant agricultural future.
Because of you, this year:
• Over 900 youth explored local farms and ranches, while learning the process of growing food and connecting with traditional and current homesteading, farming and ranching skills through Farmhands Education Programs.
• Over 700 students participated in Farm to School education programs through experiential lessons and activities both in the classroom and through field trips to the Salida school farm and gardens.
• Nearly 3,000 lbs of healthy, locally grown produce from the Salida School Farm was integrated into Salida, Buena Vista, and Leadville School Districts’ meal programs.
• Over 1,500 community members and visitors celebrated the harvest season at this year’s Pumpkin Patch Festival at the Hutchinson Ranch.
• Over 200 tourists and program participants experienced the new interpretive displays and programs at the Hutchinson Homestead and Learning Center.
• Dozens of aspiring and existing farmers, ranchers and landowners gained access to tools, resources and educational opportunities to preserve agricultural resources and launch agricultural businesses through Colorado Land Link.
• Over 1,000 volunteer hours were contributed to support the Salida School Farm, Hutchinson Homestead and Learning Center, and the annual Pumpkin Patch Harvest Festival.
Thank you for digging in, getting your hands dirty, and demonstrating your support!
To see a comprehensive list of organizations, businesses, individuals and families, please click here.