Welcome to Colorado Land Link! Thank you for taking the time to visit our site. Below you will find an explanation about what Colorado Land Link is and how it works for Landowners, including agricultural landowners and existing farmers and ranchers who may want to, or are considering succession plans.
Colorado Land Link: what is it and how does it work for Landowners?
Colorado Land Link, a program of Guidestone, helps beginning and next generation farmers and ranchers find access to land and resources needed to launch successful agricultural businesses. Guidestone and partners work with agricultural landowners and transitioning producers to assess the viability for a match on their land. The Land Link program holds a private database of Landseekers and existing land opportunities and offers assistance with facilitating matches by helping to assess the goals, competencies and readiness of both parties involved. No one will ever tell you what to do with your land; that is entirely up to you.
Why would a Landowner signup for Colorado Land Link?
Non-farming Agricultural Landowner
- You are interested in philanthropically providing a life-changing opportunity for a next generation agricultural producer.
- You would like to see your land managed in way that makes it productive.
- You value Colorado’s agricultural legacy and want to ensure that it retains that character well into the future.
- You read the news and know that America faces a crisis of aging farmers and the future of food and farmland is uncertain. However, you’ve also heard about the growing and passionate base of next generation farmers and ranchers who are eager for opportunities, but are priced out of traditional entry methods into agriculture.
Current Farmer or Rancher
- You would like to find a successor to your agricultural enterprise.
- You want to ensure that your legacy is carried on.
- You value an agricultural lifestyle and the community, economic, and environmental benefits that comes from a strong agricultural base.
Colorado Land Link can also provide signifiant financial benefits to landowners through the form of tax incentives or lease revenue (however you choose to define that).
How does Colorado Land Link work for Landowners?
Step 1 – Sign up for the Land Link Application:
The first step in the Land Link process is to sign up in the database for the Land Link application. There is no financial commitment to this part of the program; however, donations are appreciated to support infrastructure and operations. By signing up, you will also receive Guidestone’s monthly eNewsletter, which contains a Colorado Land Link news and opportunities, information about regional workshops, and most importantly, ensures that you are a part of the Colorado Land Link community! Sign Up Here!
Step 2 – Application and Matching Process
Once you sign up, you will be emailed a link to the Landowner application. Once you have filled out the application, we will search our database of land seekers and update you with the status of the search. Regardless of whether or not there is a match, we will begin sharing resources and opportunities with you as they arise. If you have any further questions about this process or would prefer to schedule a time to fill out the application by phone, please contact Jennifer Visitacion at email@example.com or 719-239-0955.